An infrared sauna is a type of sauna that uses light to create heat. This type of sauna is sometimes called a far-infrared sauna — “far” describes where the infrared waves fall on the light spectrum. A traditional sauna uses heat to warm the air, which in turn warms your body. An infrared sauna heats your body directly without warming the air around you.
You will get all of the relaxation benefits of a traditional infrared sauna along with the increased health benefits that infrared offers all at a much more comfortable temperature. Infrared saunas are also dry saunas and many users find this makes for a more comfortable sauna session.
There are guidelines you can follow, but ultimately, how you choose to use an infrared sauna is up to you. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Drink water. Make sure you’re hydrated before going into an infrared sauna. Drink a glass of water before your session. You can also bring water into the sauna, especially if you’re sensitive to higher heats. We have Kangen Water ready for all clients during and after their services. You should rehydrate with the best of the best water.
- Length of time. For first-time users, start with 15-30 minutes. You can add time each session until you reach the suggested time of 30-45 minutes. If you feel too hot or dizzy, step out. You don’t want to stay in there too long and risk becoming dehydrated.
- Clothing. How you dress is your choice. Some people will wear bathing suits, while others prefer to go in naked. We will have towels here for you for your session.
- What you can do while in the sauna. Relax, read, meditate, listen to music, or visit with friends. Just don’t go to sleep.
- After the session is over. When your session is done, it’s suggested that you take your time and let your body cool down. You have 15 minutes to get ready and exit the sauna room. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
- Number of sessions per week. We recommend using the sauna three to four days per week. If you are healthy and tolerate the four days, you can use the sauna daily. If you can’t make it in that often, we recommend using the sauna at least once a week.
- SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS HERE
Infrared Sauna Health Benefits
Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal & stay healthy. Far infrared sauna benefits the body by heating it directly causing a rise in core temperature resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside.
Unlike traditional saunas which operate at extremely harsh temperatures, infrared is a gentle, soothing and therapeutic heat that promotes relaxation and improved sleep. Infrared sauna benefits include therapy that helps you relax while receiving an invigorating deep tissue sweat, leaving you fully refreshed after each session.
Lower Blood Pressure
Infrared saunas induce a deep sweat to make the heart pump faster, which in turn increases blood flow, lowers blood pressure and helps circulation. Scientific evidence shows the infrared sauna benefits using an infrared sauna a couple times a week lowers blood pressure.
Anti-Aging & Skin Purification
The near infrared wavelength (sometimes referred to as Red Light Therapy) is the most effective wavelength for healing the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin. Near infrared treatments stimulate collagen production to reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin tone.
Near infrared therapy stimulates the circulatory system and more fully oxygenate the body’s cells. Better blood circulation means more toxins flow from the cellular level to the skin’s surface to improve cell health, aid in muscle recovery and strengthen the immune system.
Studies have shown that benefits of an infrared sauna session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax! As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories.
Infrared heat penetrates tissue, joints, and muscles to relieve anything from minor aches and pains to chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia. Pain management professionals incorporate infrared heat therapy into treatment plans to decrease pain and muscle spasms and to speed up recovery time.
Heating the muscles with infrared rays produces an increase in blood flow similar to that seen during exercise. Regular infrared sauna use—especially in the mid infrared range—can significantly stimulate blood flow up to twice the normal rate.
Scientific research has concluded that near infrared therapy greatly enhances the skin’s healing process by promoting faster cell regeneration and human tissue growth. Human cell growth increases to repair wounds and prevent infection.
A hotter body increases metabolic activity, kills unwanted intruders, and stimulates the release of toxins. Viruses and sometimes even tumor cells can be destroyed in the face of heat.
Intro Sauna Package – $105
*For New Sauna Clients Only*. Your choice of 3 – 30 or 45 minute sauna sessions. Cannot be transferred. 1 package per person.
Single 30 Minute Sauna Session – $40
Single 45 Minute Sauna Session – $50
3 – 30 Minute Sauna Package – $100
3 – 45 Minute Sauna Package – $120
6 – 30 Minute Sauna Package – $175
6 – 45 Minute Sauna Package – $199
To book a session, click here.